Virtually Driving is a driver training facility. Our focus is to enhance the driving ability and skill of both new drivers and seasoned drivers. Using sophisticated simulator technology, students will learn how to handle, react, judge and practice essential driving skills that can greatly improve their overall driving ability and knowledge of car handling.Improving Students Driving Skills:
What do you learn at Virtually Driving’s driver improvement course? Critical skills that through repetition can teach you how to act and react in certain driving situations. In fact once you have completed the course, not only will be able to drive with improved driving skill, reduce driving risks by anticipating situations better and making safer, but will overall make more well-informed decisions while on the road.
Using state of the art driving simulators at Virtually Driving, realistic driving situations can be demonstrated in a completely safe environment. Students benefit from many aspects of basic driving skills in the class, including the following:
- Emergency braking
- Evasive maneuvers
- Car handling
- Speed awareness and control
- Defensive driving
- Improved reaction time
Attention, scanning your surroundings, awareness of space and stopping times etc will be covered enabling the student to practice with repetition these very important skills. You will complete the course a more skillful driver and with more awareness and appreciation of the dangers that are constantly around you on the road.
We accept students that may be instructed to participate in such a program if you:
- Have been involved in an accident
- Need to build a court case for license restoration
- Have too many traffic tickets
- Are responsible for driving company vehicles
- Are a senior driver concerned about your driving ability
- Have recently completed a teen driver education course
- District Court Judge
- Probation officer
- Case Manager
- Parent or family member
Lession Plan 1
reaction time, safe maneuvering and obstacle avoidance
- 1. TEST DRIVE - Become familiar with how the simulator handles, steering, brake and acceleration. Learn basics of slowing down well ahead of turns and curves in the road.
- 2. ACCELERATION - Important lesson to learn quick reaction time in car handling. Learn car control in acceleration.
- 3. BRAKING – Important lesson to review to perfect emergency stops. Develop reaction time and learn how to handle car with hard brakes.
- 4. SLALOM COURSE - Maneuverability – key component in good driving. Learn how to make twists and turns carefully and efficiently. Car handling skills that promotes planning, anticipation, reaction and action.
- 5. THROTTLE CONTROL – Fine tune car control and speed.
- 6. SOUTH CITY CLASSIC COURSE – Beginner level – Practice skills learned in above lessons.
- 7. AUTOCROSS COURSE – Beginner level - A culmination of above. Fine tune car handling by navigating through the course following directional cones.
Most skids are caused by accelerating quickly or braking hard, but a sudden steering movement can also make your vehicle slide. Defensive drivers will:
- Slow down well ahead of turns and curves
- Plan for lane changes and move into new lanes gradually
- Signal their intentions to other drivers
If you do go into a skid, you might consider following these techniques:
- Don't hit your brakes or over–steer
- Take your foot off the gas and steer in the direction the rear of the car is sliding
- When you feel the vehicle recover, straighten your wheels and continue on
As mentioned in a recent article in ADTSEA, they note that “reaction time/obstacle avoidance can be life saving. The ability to react quickly in an emergency driving situation can often mean the difference between a near miss or a crash and sometimes even life or death. Personal perception or reaction time can be defined as the time it takes to a person to visually recognized a stimulus and respond properly. During an obstacle avoidance situation, reaction time and situation awareness (the ability to perceive and think ahead) were the most critical elements for safe maneuvering. “
Triple Monitor Display
Three 46" moniters rendering a 5070x1080 image with a frame rate around 60fps
Logitech G27 Force Feedback Wheel
With up to 900 degree of rotation and the option of stick, paddle or automatic shifting.
Perfect Pedal Braking System
The Perfect Pedal is the ultimate brake upgrade for Logitech G25/G27, giving you a real-life braking experience!
Below is a video made by a partner based in Michigan. See their website here